Monday, June 3, 2013

"Think Positive" by Michelle Goitia

Ever wonder if you are a "glass half full" or "glass half empty" kind of a person? As children we become who we are and often times it's hard to change as an adult. I always tell people to retry foods that they didn't like as a child-you never know what might become a new favorite food. As well, it is always good to look at how you react to certain moments, are you still reacting the way you would have as a child?
 
For some reason, I have been a "glass half empty" kind of person.  As I reflect about my life, I have everything I could ever need. A wonderful loving husband of 20+ years, two beautiful children and a career that I adore. So lately, I have been working on positive affirmations. Thinking about the way I state things that I need in my life. It is amazing how this has worked. 

From finding things that I have misplaced to asking to be released from Jury Duty, I have found that when I say things WILL happen, they usually do. By telling the universe that it will happen the positivity outweighs the negativity. Being strong with your affirmation will slowly eliminate any negativity. This doesn't happen overnight, there is always work to be done, this process is like our yoga practice-a lifelong practice.

Think of what you have in your life that brings you joy. Affirm all that it has given you. Then begin to change the things that you want to be different, one at a time,  by affirming what you need it to be.  "If you experience a sense of joy and well being, your mind is instinctively responding to something it believes to be true. When you get this emotion, you know your affirmations are working!"-vitalaffirmations.com


Being positive, expressing what you want and making things come true. What more could you ask for?


One of my favorite positive affirmations, especially when chanted.....

Lokah Samastah Sukhino Bhavantu

May all beings everywhere, be happy and free, and my the thoughts words and actions of my own life, contribute in some way, to that happiness and to that freedom for all. 

Michelle Goitia
Mondays: Prenatal Yoga at 11:00am - 12:00pm
Saturdays: Beginner Series starting June 15th - 10:00am
Yoga for Labor and Delivery - 6/9/13 - 2:00pm - 4:30pm

No comments:

Post a Comment