Wednesday, June 12, 2013

Tips for Finding Peace of Mind and Re-Centering


Tips for finding peace of mind and re-centering.

There are just some days that I haven’t the focus, or the clarity, or the patience for anything. The world around me feels like its not making sense anymore. I like to think of myself as a generally calm and peaceful individual, but like anyone else I am human and have days where I feel unaligned with myself and can’t make sense of the smallest occurrences throughout my day. My mind feels like a bee trapped in a glass jar and I’m dying to let it free!
  I have made the choice to view the frustration that presents itself in moments like these as blessings in disguise. When the negative thoughts, emotions, and self talk starts to close in it is brought to my awareness for me it indicates to me that it is time for me to cleanse my senses and perception.
In addition to yoga and meditation, Here are some tips I have developed to regain focus, reenter, and achieve peace of mind.

1.)Give your Senses a break! Give yourself time away from any extra noise or anything that will over stimulate and continue to frazzle you. So turn off your phone, ipod, itouch, tv, your computer and any other technology. I know this is hard since we are constantly somehow connected to social media like it is blood to our veins. It will be worth it I promise.

2.) Just Lay Down. Take a moment and lay down. You can rest in savasana on the floor, your bed or choose any other position to lay down in.  Just make sure you are comfortable and still. Focus on breathing deep and with each breathe let go of something that is bothering you.

3.)Just shake it out. Seriously just stand in front of your bedroom or bathroom  mirror turn on some of your favorite music and start moving your body. Imagine all that frustration you feel exiting your body as you move. Try to feel where in your body the emotions are blocked. For an example If  you are feeling sadness in your heart try doing some standing cat cows imagining you are pumping out the sadness, and filling it with love.

4.) Soak it out. This one is my favorites. Draw a nice warm bath and add some epsom or sea salt . Feel free to light some incense, or candles and turn off the lights. Add some relaxing music, or allow there to be silence. Allow your mind to drain out and your mind body spirit to feel cleansed.

5.) Tea time. I love  tea. The act of preparing it and taking the time to drink it are a form of meditation for me. Try to focus on the smells and tastes and the warming soothing sensation to heal what might ail you.

6.) Get Natural.  Take a moment and spend time in nature. If you live in a more urban environment and don’t have access to forests or a natural oasis, lay in the grass, or sit with your back against a tree. Let the nature absorb your worries like a sponge.
I hope you have found this to be helpful and will give some of these a shot!  Let us know which one your favorite is J .

With love,

Karly

No comments:

Post a Comment